Ladies – I have some suggestions for you when you accompany your male spouse to a sporting event. First off, lots of other women follow sport and are BIG fans, so, like me, we know the athletes, coaches and we develop friendships over time with the men in the crowd. So, if you are attending for the first time
1. Be pleasant (especially when you are being greeted)
2. Do not sit there looking bored – take a book if you plan not to watch
3. If your intention is just to “watch” the man; opt to stay home
4. Try and learn even a little about the sport/school/club the man supports
5. Take a snack bag with the things he likes and share them with him during a match
6. You may also choose to go buy him a drink (preferably a beer) during half time, so he can discuss the match with his friends. Also, you may see another friend from your own high school college or even your workplace, yes other women do the same as you are doing
Just make yourself comfortable.
7. If you are not interested in the sport, stay home. Remember, he will come home after each match.
Suggestions for the men who have Women Who Love Sport
1. If you have no interest in the sport – Stay Home
2. You may offer to drop off and pick up
3. She may also choose to go with friends; so plan a drink up at home while she is away
4. Don’t text (WhatsApp) too often while she is there
5. If you decide to go… Take a book or your kindle – if you are not interested in the event, you will be bored
6. Take a snack bag with chips, or cooler (if allowed) with your favorite beverage
7. At half time, pop by the bar, snack counter – offer her a drink, some of us drink 🙂
8. At the end of the match, go back to your book/kindle while she runs a review of the match – half an hour is good
9. When you are walking back to the car, expect a few stops
10. When on the ride home, never ask who was that guy in the purple shirt, you may regret asking
11. Support your woman if she loves sport, know the schedule of the season/s; so when she off every Wednesday/Saturday you know where she is.
Next post will be on the TV edition! Until next time