It is always going to be tough being a public figure, much less an international superstar. What that status means is:
- You are a subject of discussion for a lot of people
- Some will like you, some won’t
- Media will dig deep in your past; they will use it as they deem fit – remember sensationalism sells
- If the status comes with increased earnings, you will have more friends and family members
- The rules change.
Here are some tips to stay aware, but to help you cope
- Surround yourself with a (small) team that will tell you the truth
- Heed the advice
- Focus on the reason you got the status and keep working on it to improve
- Every now and again, take a break from all the “noise”
- Never be afraid to get professional help
The more you give, the more people expect.
Just thought, I’d share these thoughts.