May 7 – The last time we spoke on Self Care, I recommended that you go somewhere you’ve never been.
So after you have figured out the food, music, TV shows, clothes and exercise routines you would become accustomed to; I have a few more suggestions.
Self Care speaks to a routine, one which requires habitual acts. In the early stages do some of the activities the same time of day and same day each week. This kind of repetition will create a rhythm so the practice becomes a routine.
By now you would have created your playlists. These playlists should be done based on a particular mood. If you are a writer like me, there is a playlist to help you relax, one to boost a new idea, one to refresh the memory among other things.
Go somewhere you’ve never been
New places have a way to set one’s soul on fire; it makes one curious and those kinds of missions allow you to see and hear things you’ve never seen before. The trip/journey to the new location allows for a perspective of value that one will never be able to get if you stay home all the time.
Here’s how some see travel
- A wise man travels to discover himself – James Russell Lowell
- All travel has its advantages. If the passenger visits better countries, he may learn to improve his own. And if fortune carries him to worse, he may learn to enjoy it. –Samuel Johnson
This other quote I found speaks to the adventure
- Please be a traveler, not a tourist. Try new things, meet new people and look beyond what’s right in front of you. These are the keys to understanding this amazing world we live in – Andrew Zimmern
So as the experts recommend, once a year, do something different. The food, music, people, locations and the language of the folks you will experience would be well worth the time spent away. I have a friend who does a blog at this link mytravelstamps.com/ – here you will find tips on travel you will want to take note of before you head off to your first/adventure. The blog clearly speaks to Ways You Can Save; Bucket List; Business Layovers and so many other things. Read it when you have some time.
Mix and match the self care activities
While you are having fun traveling, here are some fun things you can do
- Try the local spa
- Hop off to any of the local bars
- Walk in the park closest to your hotel
- Go to a local play or music show
Makes notes for a journal if you feel the need and takes loads of pictures
Life is really about enjoying the moments. You can go this alone or tag along with a few friends. Either way – E-N-J-O-Y!
In the next piece, we will talk about Sport Travel.