SUNDAY (Funday) – Over the last five years life has become so much more hectic. In my line of work (marketing, communications, media), information and consumption trends have changed tremendously. I have had to ensure that these tools are used in the most efficient way – either by me – or by teams I end up working with.
That said, during that time, I have begun to pay way more attention to rest, relaxation and rejuvenation, also known as self care. The process is one which requires some thought, as it falls within the routine you would usually have.
Here are some tips you may consider as you head into self care:
- Listen to music from one of the happiest periods of your life
- Write down all the things you love about your life
- Watch a few episodes of your favorite TV shows back to back every now and again
- Dance to your favorite songs (15 minutes) at least once a week
- Refresh your wardrobe. Donate.
- Volunteer to a cause that means a lot to you
- Take a drive out of town. Roll down the windows. Turn up the sound and SING out loud
- Once a month, get body treatments you prefer – massage, pedicure, manicure, yoga, sauna steam
- Say “no” if you can’t do it
- Skip the routine once in a while and do something different and wild